Some operators ask, "What do I need for a complete system?"
Checklist for your shopping cart at Greyline:
- Choose your Greyline Antenna. DX Vertical or DX Flagpole? (both are vertical dipoles, one is stealth)
- Choose your required height: 12-16-20-24-28-47
- Your Remote Tuner selection reflects your power rating needs. Some offer 6M, others do not. Note impedance ranges are wider in some that may help you on 160M. All tuners we have selected tune 80-10/6M, many down to 160M.
- Feed-line Kit: This is included with your antenna purchase
- Flag Kit (if you desire a Flagpole) is included when you purchase a Flagpole Antenna version
- RF Choke: This is included in the Feedline kit.
- RF Choke: Upgrade or additional RF Choke (500W and 3500W rated) - a 2nd Choke is helpful on the radio end to remove possible QRN picked up on the coax along the way back to your radio. This is a popular choice for those wanting every dB possible on TX and RX.
- Coax to Shack: Consider using LMR-400 or better. Lenght to the antenna sight does not change the performance of the antenna.
- Note on Bundles: Add each item to your cart separately for best bundled pricing. Prepared Bundles may not reflect a temporary Promo.
Graphic: Performance difference between the antennas: Looking carefully at the graph for the angle of signal and antenna gain comparisons you'll notice incremental increases in depth of signal penetration, on the lower bands mainly.
Key: *80M-red | 40M-blue | 20M-green | 15M-orange
See that? Even the 12' vertical antenna holds its own, on 80M. Notice the 20 and 28' has an even lower angle and punch for deeper DX performance. (to plot the 24' you can simply imagine it's between the 20' and 28'.
See our Customer Reviews. Customers report working 160-6M from 16' DX Flagpoles.
We're honored to do our part one radio op at a time. Remember, Ham Radio is Fun Again!
It's a pleasure to serve you with Stronger and Smarter Antennas d'Elegance.
Contact us with any questions you may have! We'll see you on the air soon...
73 Greyline Performance