If I can hear them on my Ham Radio, I can talk to them with my 28' HOA Flagpole Antenna!
CUSTOMER SPOTLIGHT: WB8UIN
"I've had a lot of fun using this Flagpole Antenna!"
"I have made a lot of DX contacts with this arrangement."
The Best contact has been Japan. I’ve had DX contacts on 30, 20, 17, 15, and 12 meters. It all depends on band conditions. I have discovered that if I can hear them, I can talk to them. I’m very happy with the antenna.
Nice install near a fence and the backyard shed plus a fake rock to house the MFJ remote tuner too. Those 28' Flagpole Antennas keep on working the DX year after year, don't they? Congrats on the installation and the great DX. 73 to Bill in Michigan!
Want to work DX into Asia and beyond, just like Bill, WB8UIN?
He purchased the 28' DX Flagpole Antenna which is popular for HOA and Real DX ham radio operations. Consider ordering one for your front yard too!
Warning: We've had radio ops order this for the backyard, commence to dig a hole, and pour the concrete and then the wife says, "Honey, that looks good enough for the front yard." ... and you'll end up digging another hole in the front yard. Guaranteed that Ham Radio is fun again!
Some folks choose antenna heights to match their roofline height. Others must adhere to HOA regulations of "Max height allowed, 24 feet" as one example. In this case, Bill chose the 28' Greyline Flagpole Antenna and a faux rock to house his remote tuner. We see a lot of this as a smart solution to nosy neighbors and it can look great. Consider dressing it up with flowers or the appropriate dressing for even more stealth. Keep in mind we want to elevate the ATU to 6 inches or more above ground and inside that rock there is likely a shelf offering a similar scenario. This also helps our system to "float." Pro Tip: Test your installed Antenna System before adding complexities such as various grounding techniques and the various 4:1 or 9:1 baluns. Some tuners do not like being grounded whereas others such as the SGC models seem fine with it. Remember, you do not ground your dipole in the tree, right? That said, always follow appropriate grounding regulations and common solutions from the ARRL for your station. As for baluns, anything other than a 1:1 current baluns may find some work for you on all bands and others will notice they offer a little help on certain bands, therefore making the others unusable. 1:1 is generally a good idea with all antenna systems. Lastly, for those considering Surge Protection, see our offerings. We add or try new vendors to support other small businesses. See those at our Add-On section on our website tab above.
"So pretty she let me install it in the garden!"
Have you ever heard anyone (your XYL or family!) say this about a ham radio antenna before? We think not. You're welcome!
|#### HOA Flagpole Antennas View similar products »||#### DX Vertical Antennas View similar products »|
Don't forget that we offer extras to consider:
- 4-Year Warranty (why not?)
- 100% Money Back Guarantee (we want you happy!)
- Free Shipping (well, we do get a bulk discount)
More Customer Reviews for your reading pleasure:
- Customer Reviews Submitted to Greyline directly
- Greyline YouTube Channel + reviews by various Ham Radio shows
- eHam Reviews for Greyline Performance Flagpole Antenna & HF Vertical Antenna
- YouTube Review by Ham Radio Crash Course
Customers install pictures, videos, and stories covering many topics in our various topic collections:
Favorite Customer quotes:
- It's so pretty my XYL asked me to install it in the front yard. Imagine that. The front yard! Note: This is after he installed it in the back yard :-)
- 4 Band DXCC this summer from my HOA
- Holds its own vs. my taller antennas and with no radials. It is also stealthy.
- I got my DXCC in the 80s using a vertical dipole and wanted to try again from my new home in an HOA
- Since I added the Greyline DX Flagpole vertical antenna, I have added over 200 additions to my DXCC Challenge account. I am now right at 900 and hope to complete it in the next few months.
- 30W and a couple of hours, I worked the entire planet on FT8
- My wife appreciates the compliments from the neighbors, and it reminds her of her Father's Flagpole. Thank you.
- If I can hear it, I can work it. It hears very well.
- Highly Recommended for HOA and CC&R Restricted Ham Radio QTHs.
- So pretty my DX Flagpole Antenna is allowed in my wife’s garden. In the GARDEN!
- Clean Sweep in November Sweepstakes with my DX Flagpole. Note: That's the entire list of USA sections; amazing.
- Got Indonesia (YB) this morning on 40m SSB with 100 watts. Just over 9,000 miles!
- 60M Band: The other night I was on 60M and it felt just like the old days, running JA’s from Chicago in the CQWW CW with a 4-1000 Amplifier to a Quad at 80 feet.
- 80M Band: Got Mauritania, Dodecanese, Israel, and Cypress on 80 meters and 4 bands and 3 modes for VP6R on Pitcairn. First Pitcairn since 10 Meter AM contact in the 1960s.
- Designed Smarter, Stronger, and with Aesthetic Elegance.
- So so many FT8 stations worldwide.
- If I can hear it, I can work it and this antenna hears well.
The past several years have been full of learning experiences and we remain grateful to assist hundreds of happy radio ops to experience the hobby on the bands with us. The bands are hot, join us.
We are honored to serve you, our peers. We are delighted to play a small role in your enjoyment of short-wave HF radio and we do hope that we inspire you to get on the air with Real DX confidence.
4 YEAR WARRANTY
We offer a 4 Warranty, no questions asked. We use the honor system and know you do as well. Hey, we want you on the air and are proud to offer this 4-year service or replacement offer.
We also offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If for any reason you aren't happy with your purchase, send it back for a full refund. We know circumstances change. We want you happy.
One Customer Used our Warranty offer saying, "It Works & Greyline Warranty Is For Real - de AA5DV"
Just wanted you to know --- Greyline replaced my Vertical Antenna --- No Questions asked!"
Greyline Performance Antennas are Popular with Ham Radio, CB, Preppers, and DX'ers alike. The digital modes are a natural fit with the often low noise and low power requirements as well as those commercial industries that need a rapid frequency hopping (ALE) attribute. We are proud to serve Ham Radio, Survival Prep, and Emergency Communications Agencies.
We enjoy talking radio!
Write in or call us to discuss any questions you have. It’s an honor to serve you in this manner. Thank you for the opportunity.
We hope you enjoyed this story and were entertained by it.
Maybe you remember a similar story in your youth. GL finding your rare ones. Ham Radio is fun again! Pass it on...
At Greyline, it's our Mission to serve you by offering higher-quality products that truly enhance your Ham Radio experiences. Standing up to Hurricanes is just a bonus. Antennas that work Real DX and that the ladies can love too. Now that is smarter, stronger, and more elegant for you and your family's security. We are delighted to serve you.
Let's enjoy the adventure, together. Until next time...
73 Greyline Performance
Ham Radio is fun again! Pass it on...
- LIST OF BENEFITS for Greyline Performance Antennas
- Common Questions from Ham Radio Customers
- 16' DX Flagpole Antenna and SGC-237 remote tuner works 160-6M (install pictures) at KJ7CWQ
- Beautiful Flagpole Antenna, regularly work DX (Africa, Europe, SA) with 60W on FT8 and CW at WJ8B
- "Happy XYL" in Pennsylvania: New Ham says "Happy wife, quiet bands & loud signals! Going for my Extra."
- Do I really need a Tuner at the Base of my Greyline Flagpole Antenna and HF Vertical Antenna
- 28' HF Vertical Antenna in New Mexico reports "good reports about strong signals"
- 20' Flagpole Antenna, Bill in Florida one-calls XR0ZRC with 100W & runs the bands after 30 years off the air!
- 24' Flagpole Antenna: K7CWC Cliff in Washington (W7) is spotted around the World on his Greyline 24' DX Flagpole
- Greyline makes the Cover of CQ Magazine from Montenegro - September 2021
- Surf Ham Radio Waves with KL2A
- Blog: Ham Radio Adventure Stories
- My XYL Love the Greyline Flagpole Antenna
- For YLs: Ham Radio Love Connection
- Samantha forms a Women of Ham Radio Friendship Club